PRESERVATIVE AND BIOCIDE SAFETY
Wood Preservatives and Biocides safely. Always read the label and product information
Data Sheet before use.
the correct safety equipment and keep unprotected people and animals out of the
treated area for the statutory period given on the label, or until surfaces are
dry, which ever is the longer.
products have some hazards and the COSHH Regulations (Control of Substances Hazardous
to Health) apply to ALL building repair and construction products that we sell,
If in doubt
consult us for free technical help. Take care not to contaminate soil, waterways
or the environment with the product or the waste and packaging. These can be returned
to us for disposal.
using any type of chemical in your home if any of the following are likely to
come into contact with the spray or treated surfaces: animals, fish, birds, babies,
young children, asthmatics, pregnant women or those vulnerable due to ill health.
European reclassification of Pesticides has resulted in our Borax product having
to carry a warning label (for the first time since 1890) on all products used
at over 5.5% BAE concentration. This label is a warning that if you eat the product
and then became pregnant you might give birth to a slightly underweight
baby, or suffer a slight reduction in the size of your testes. The tests, on rats,
required them to eat the human equivalent of 18 level teaspoons full of Borate
(DOT) per day for 2 years. We believe that you are unlikely to do this and the
lack of any other negative evidence, despite the severe European Review process,
suggests that this product is very safe indeed.
treatment products do not need to even reach the 5% concentration level to be
effective, so are not subject to any additional labelling, because of their unblemished
section for more information.
of Boron | How
Much Boron do I need? |
Shop | Boron References
Policy | Returns
Policy | Contact
Repair Systems,Care of H S Hire, Broadmeadow Industrial Estate,, Teignmouth, TQ14 9AE
Property Repair Systems Sites:
- how to use Boron based insecticides/fungicides to treat timber rots and insect
- how to treat penetrating dampness in walls and plaster
- how to kill Dry Rot in buildings
- membranes for lining damp walls, floors, basements and cellars
- upgrade doors to 30 minutes fire resistance
- fire fabrics for insulation, flame and smoke barriers
- how to quickly repair joists and beams of any size
- kill mould on walls and ceilings, anti mold paints
- fire retardant paints, hygiene products, metal bracket manufacture, crack injection
- treat steel with Intumescent Paint to provide fire protection
- systems of repair, with step by step methods
- how to repair timbers in buildings without wrecking the place
- how to kill and prevent woodworm and death watch beetle
- how to stop common furniture beetle in buildings